75 Years back on this day, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose declared the creation of the Free India Provisional Government at the Cathay Building, Singapore.
The Provisional Government not only enabled Bose to negotiate with the Japanese on an equal footing but also facilitated the mobilization of Indians in East Asia to join and support the INA. Soon after the announcement, the Provisional Government received recognition from various countries like, Japan, Germany, Italy, Croatia, Burma, Thailand, Nationalist China, Philippines etc.
Members of the Cabinet:
- Lt Col A C Chatterjee Minister of Finance
- Dr (Capt) Lakshmi Sahgal Minister of Women’s Organisation
- Shri A M Sahay Secretary with Ministerial Rank
- Shri S A Ayer Minister of Publicity and Propaganda
- Lt Col J K Bhonsle Representative of INA
- Lt Col Loganathan Representative of INA
- Lt Col Ehsan Qadir Representative of INA
- Lt Col N S Bhagat Representative of INA
- Lt Col M Z Kiani Representative of INA
- Lt Col Aziz Ahmed Representative of INA
- Lt Col Shah Nawaz Khan Representative of INA
- Lt Col Gulzara Singh Representative of INA
- Rash Behari Bose Supreme Advisor
- Karim Giani Advisor from Burma
- Debnath Das Advisor from Thailand
- Sardar Ishar Singh Advisor from Thailand
- D M Khan Advisor from Hong Kong
- A Yellappa Advisor from Singapore
- A N Sarkar Advisor from Singapore
Salute to the great soldiers of India, Jai Hind!